‘My Muslim Background Inspired Me’ Singer Asa Opens Up
In a chat with My Africa Podcast, Asa, told show host, Andre Blaze, about her inspirational background, revealing how much time she spent following the teachings of Islam.
Asa has revealed that her time spent as a Muslim plays a very important role in her music.
The singer currently is on a European tour for her album, ‘Bed of Stone’, visiting major cities on the continent.

In a chat with My Africa PodcastAsa, told show host, Andre Blaze, about her inspirational background, revealing how much time she spent following the teachings of Islam.
“I come from a Muslim background, and I actually had a stint with Islam. I was a Muslim for about 2 years or 3?” Asa said.
“I was after high school I lived with my grandparents. My grandparents were Muslims from Lagos Island, and yes it did influence the way I see things and the way I write.”
Asa further went on to emphasise the inspiration she received, crediting Islam as the major factor behind her song ‘Awé’, a single of her hugely successful self-titled debut album, ‘Asa’.
“It influenced the song ‘Awé’. You see just near where I used to live, there was a mosque, and we had a munedžim who calls out prayers.









0 comments: