This is a letter I received from one of my followers, please read and post any advise or comment you may have.

Dear Sisi Bunmi
I have been married for ten years now to the most amazing man and we have two adorable sons. However, I did have a brief affair with an ex of mine around the time our second son was born and now he is looking more and more like my ex and I am convinced that he is in fact my ex's son. My sister even recently called my attention to the fact of the resemblance between my son and my ex and I confessed to her about the affair. I know it would break my husbands heart and our marriage if it turns out that my second son is not my husbands' and he finds out; my other worry is that my ex could come after me to lay claim to his son if he also finds out. I know I have done wrong and wish I could turn the hand of the clock back but sadly I cannot. Please advise me, do I do a DNA test and come clean to all parties if it turns out that my ex fathered my son or do I just leave things as they are and hope and pray that no one ever finds out or get hurt by my foolish act. (kindly post your advise on your blog, I read it regularly and I watch your show) thank you and stay blessed. Confused wife.

3 comments:

Sisi Bunmi said... 28 July 2014 at 07:38

Leave things as they are, you are probably wracked by guilty conscience over the affair you had, your son is most likely legitimate. I don't think any good will come out of doing a DNA test. Your husband loves his sons and treats them well, don't ruin your family. Make your peace with God, forgive yourself and never ever cheat on your husband again as you could catch terrible diseases that can kill you and your husband and render your kids orphans.

Anonymous said... 28 July 2014 at 07:59

Hmmmm œwat's this world turning into?God please Come quick

Anonymous said... 28 July 2014 at 08:44

I think there are both pros and cons to whatever decision you decide to make. If you leave things as they are, if your husband ever finds out chances are he would never forgive you not only for cheating on him but for also lying to him without the intention of ever coming clean. And then there is also the guilt you are bound to feel, forever anxious and scared that your ex will show up. On the other hand, if you come clean to him yes he might not forgive you but at least he would know that you were honest about it and you would be at peace with yourself. It also wouldn't be nice to deny your child the right to know his biological father, if it is indeed your ex. My advice is to pray about the situation and with God and in your heart you will know the right thing to do.